This is a gastronomic festival with a variety of cultural and entertainment programs that combines Transcarpathian and Ukrainian traditions with modern trends. The name of the festival – “Palachinta” – comes from the Hungarian «Palacsinta», which in Transcarpathian dialect means “pancake”.
The festival program includes:
* folk festivities, concert programs, fun entertainment and contests
*surprises for children
* prizes for the brave who can climb a pole
* Traditional Transcarpathian dishes;
* Tasting drinks, wine, honey, pancakes, etc.
* Competition for the most delicious pancakes, with awards for the winners;
* thematic photo shoots
* win-win lottery
* Burning of an effigy of the folk character “Mara”, which symbolizes the end of winter
* Charity events – raising money for soldiers.